Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Digging Drawing

How often are we told as artists, that drawing is the foundation of all painting whether realist or abstract styles? I actually endorse that point of view, but that is sometimes difficult to tell from my efforts. In order to improve my drawing skills, being basically a self-taught artist, I have turned to a variety of resources - too many to count and all very boring, not to mention intimidating.

Recently, however, I have discovered  a very helpful book titled -"You Can Draw in 30 Days - The Fun, Easy Way to Learn to Draw in One Month or less". I think you can see the appeal! If only I kept up the schedule. It is very helpful and in a fun and relaxing way moves from simple circles and shading and ends with the "hand" which as we know is a challenge. For your amusement and encouragement, behold two samples from my sketchbook of my recent struggles with basic lessons:







More to learn and also an opportunity to try out two well-recommended websites below  to help develop and improve drawing skills:


www.sketchup.google.com/
www.drawspace.com/

I have looked into both, and after my "30 days" may move on to the net. Happy drawing!

Go to My website

No comments: