Thursday, December 31, 2015

Artist's Block

Don't you just hate blocks of any kind? I especially hate artist's block. What this means is that just when the New Year is a fresh start and calls for inspiration - I am stuck!

Gary Larson, was a very prolific creative genius who before his retirement produced 23 books of collected cartoons, with combined sales of more than 45 million copies. When I saw this cartoon it spoke directly to me in more ways than one. First of all, I have to get on with producing my collected works of art, and secondly, it reminded me of my desire at one point to paint cows.


"Why paint cows?" you say. Perhaps because they remind me of some people I know - but no - I love their soft eyes, their varied colours, their placid nature, their international habitats and their soft "moos".  Their babies are also charming. I have in fact a herd of photographs of cows doing various things in various parts of the world. Talk about inspiration! I no longer feel "cowed."

To the 45 million followers of this blog ---- HAPPY NEW YEAR


Go toMy WebSite

No comments: